Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day and Project READ


First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you mums out there.  Sometimes on Mother's Day I like to get a pedicure or a massage or something pampering.

This year I'm a bit under the weather, so I just hope for rest and energy and for the mucus in my nose to vacate.

But for YOU, for YOU I wish for pampering and hugs and roses and chocolate.

Now, I must apologize for being a bad blogger.  I said I was going to post Project READ pics and then I sure didn't.  I was busy at first, then ill, so six days later, here's the low-down.

Project READ was SO MUCH FUN!

Jamie Harper, Chris Censullo, Curious George, me, and David Hyde Costello
 There were eight of us author-types.  Most of us had a picture book there, Mary Sullivan had her marvelous middle grade novel Dear Blue Sky, which was nice because some to the children in attendance were a little older.

There was cake, cookies, fruit, live music, and Curious George dancing around.  The kids who came really seemed to appreciate the free books and meeting the authors.  It was really great.




The only thing I will say is that I wish more kids had known about it.  All the books there were purchased by Project READ and given to the kids (FREE) to help them build their at-home libraries.  SUCH A GREAT PROGRAM!  And I was so happy to be part of it.  Dr. Lisa Dobberteen is the spearhead of this program so hats off to her and to the Cambridge Health Alliance for being crazy awesome.

I have another big week in front of me before things calm down a bit and I can get into my regular work groove.  So Happy Mother's Day, have a great week, and hopefully I'll be back soon!




1 comment:

Leandra Wallace said...

Looked like a super fun event! Though I don't know if my little guy would have been brave enough for the life-sized Curious George, lol! And a Happy Mother's Day to you too, hope you're feeling better soon.