Monday, May 5, 2014

Project READ Today!

Good morning!

I've a bit of a busy day today.  I have to drop my mother off at the airport, drive into Boston to have lunch with my Houghton Mifflin editor, then I'll hop across the Charles River to the Cambridge Health Alliance where a bunch of us picture-book-types will be signing books at Project READ.

What's Project READ? you ask.

Well, every year the good folks at the Cambridge Health Alliance take a day to promote reading to their young patients.  This year is their 15th anniversary and they're having a party!  Woo-hoo!
In addition to music and cupcakes, there will be FREE BOOKS!

Here's a list of the authors in attendance and their books:
Chris Cansullo, The Boy with the Big Blue Hair
David Hyde Costello, Little Pig Joins the Band
Carolyn Curtis, I Took the Moon for a Walk
Jamie Harper, Miles to Go
Stuart J. Murphy, Happy Healthy Ajay
Mary Sullivan, Dear Blue Sky
and of course I'll be there with The Simples Love a Picnic 

So if you have kiddos who love to read and want to meet some authors, come on down!

Today, May 5th
1493 Cambridge St.  Cambridge, MA
2nd floor atrium
3-6pm

I'm sure I'll have some pics tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone, and wish me a smooth drive back on the Pike!

Julie

No comments: