Friday, June 27, 2014

Illustration Friday (and Tattoos!)

Black Bearded Tattoo Guy           2014             j.c.phillipps

Tattoo Girl with Coffee            2014             j.c.phillipps

I'd been wanting to do a tattoo series for awhile and yesterday I finally took the day off from picture book work and had some fun.  Here are the first two in the series:  Black Bearded Tattoo Guy and Tattoo Girl with Coffee.

As it so happens, the theme for Illustration Friday this week is BEARD, so my top guy will fit in quite nicely.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

I love these! Especially how vibrant the blue tattoos are. And I am not a tattoo person at all- so very good job! ;)

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much, Leandra. I bought these lovely blue pens in different thicknesses to make the tattoos.