Tuesday, June 10, 2014

New Grill! Yay!

'Tis the season for grilling.  Unfortunately, shortly after pulling out my grill, I realized it was broken.  It would light, but then the fire would go out shortly thereafter.  Bummer, but not a BIG bummer as it was given to us by a family that moved away, then a huge oak branch fell on it, leaving it slightly wonky.

Basically, it served us well but it's time had come.

So ... NEW GRILL!  I ordered one, as my car is not big enough to pick one up.  So I knew I wasn't going to be able to get one pre-assembled.  No, by golly, I was going to have to build her myself.

I went out around 8:30 am. Sunday morning and laid out the parts.


After about an hour, I had this.


After about another hour, I had this.  (But not with the food.  The food came later.)


Woo-hoo!  Accomplishment!  

In case any of you are in the market for a grill, this is a Char-Broil Classic 480.  It was pretty easy to put together.  Visual instructions that were pretty clear.  There were a few confusing parts, but I eventually figured them out.  I, as a 5'6" woman of 130 lbs, was able to do it by myself, with the exception of needing a little help to lift the main grill part onto the frame.  (If I had HAD to do it by myself, I would have been able to manage, but I have a husband.  So, yanno, ask for help if you need it.)

I've only cooked on it once, but it worked just fine.  Good flame.  Good cook.

I will say that the lighter button didn't work, so I just lit it with a long match which is what I'm used to.

Otherwise - YAY GRILL!

Thanks so much for stopping in.  I hope you're havign a great week so far!


No comments: