Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Simples in the New York Times

Good news, everyone!

THE SIMPLES LOVE A PICNIC was featured in the book review in today's New York Times!





They have a nice round up of outdoor summer books and The Simples is one of them.  YAY!

If you're been following my career, I'm sure you've heard me moan about marketing.  It's a completely different skill-set than writing and illustrating, and I don't really like doing it, but for each book I've had to do more and more. 

Well, I didn't do anything to make this happen.  I just lucked out.  (Actually, I'm think that the really great review that NY librarian Betsy Bird did on her blog, Fuse 8, had something to do with it - but I'm only speculating.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this will rocket the book onto the best seller's list and it will win some national awards and then they'll make a big balloon of Lulu Simple with Dizzy in her backpack for the next Macy's Day Parade!  Well, at least I'm hoping that will happen.

Right now I'm just happy.

Thanks so much for checking in.  Wishing you a great week!


3 comments:

shirley said...

Such. Great. News!!!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Shirley!

AG said...

Congratulations, my friend! Sending every best wish that the Macy's balloon vision is actualized and then some... Continued success in all your endeavors!

Cheers!!!