Friday, August 29, 2014

Having Fun with Kids' Art

There is a lovely author/illustrator named Aaron Zenz who keeps a blog of his children's art.  (All FIVE of them!)  Every so often, to celebrate the blog's anniversary, he invites other illustrators to be inspired by his children's creations and re-interpret them.

It's super fun and it's happening right now.  Check it out here.

I've participated in the past (here's the previous one) so he invited me back for more fun.  Honestly, the hardest part is picking a piece of art to work from.  Those kids are so talented and creative.  It's a difficult challenge to settle on a single piece of art, but I managed.  I choose a work entitled: O Is For OGOPOGO by Elijah.  Here's the original:


I fully intended to do collage when I chose it, but then none of my papers were speaking to me.
I went a different way completely with pen and ink.  Here's mine:


If you haven't already clicked over to Aaron's blog, Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty, do it now.  (But only if you want to smile.)

In other news:  Magoo has been having a good week at middle school.  He has mastered the padlock on his locker, he likes his teachers and hasn't had any issues with jumping from class to class, and he has some friends from his elementary school that he sits with at lunch.  All in all, a big thumbs up!

Have a great Labor Day Weekend, everyone!  Thanks for stopping in!




3 comments:

Z-Kids said...

Thanks so much for playing along and for honoring Elijah with your work! Your image is marvelous, marvelous! All our best to you Julie!

Becky Shillington said...

I always love to see what you create, Julie! This is wonderful!! My boys started middle school last week, too. Yes--those lockers were a challenge! = )

Johnell DeWitt said...

That is really fun. I wish I could illustrate! It's still fun to watch.