Monday, September 8, 2014

Black Cat, Blue Wall

Black Cat, Blue Wall        2014       j. c. phillipps
I spent the morning working on another painting for Open Studio Weekend in November.  (November 15 & 16th for those of you in the are who might want to come.)  I had extra wall space last year, so I want to make sure to have a good number of new stuff up this year.  I'm kinda on a roll so I'm going to go with it.

I thought it might be fun to take a little Vine video of how the painting progressed.



I just cleaned all the crud off my mat cutter, so I was able to get this baby framed up in no time.
Another one for the inventory!  Yay!



In other news:
We made it through the horrible heat and humidity.  It's gorgeous outside now, beautiful, crisp early autumn day.

I saw the movie FRANK this weekend.  If you love quirky movies, experimental music, and are a fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal (who's in many quirky movies) then this is the movie for you.  I saw it at Real Art Ways in Hartford (which I am embarrassed to say that after living in West Hartford for 12 years, this is the first time I have ever been there.  It's so cool!)  I don't know how long it will be there (the movie, not Real Art Ways), but I definitely recommend seeing it if you get the chance.

Alright, time to go work on a story.  I think I'll dive into this little rhyming story about a cat who dies.  I don't know if it will ever get to the point where I will show it to my agent, but I think it's funny.  (Cats have nine lives, so don't be too worried for the feline.)

Happy Monday!  Thanks for stopping in!

Julie

2 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

So striking! I love the three main colors together like that: the blue, the black, and the orange. I bet it has no problem selling!

Julie_c said...

Thank you so much, Leandra. I hope you're right! :)