Friday, October 24, 2014

Finders Keepers


We finally announced it: Finders Keepers is happening this December!

What, you ask, is Finders Keepers?

Well, you know how I've been painting a lot of rocks recently?  They are for Finders Keepers.  This is a town-wide treasure hunt that the WeHa Artists Emporium is doing this December.

You see, we're all going to paint (or draw on, or knit around, or decorate in some way) some rocks (I'd love to have 100, but it's hard to say at this point where we'll wind up) and throughout the month of December we'll be hiding them in parks, shopping areas, bike trails - wherever people may roam.

So if you're in West Hartford in December and you happen to see something like this...
 

....Congratulations!  Free Art Rock!

We've put tags on the back like this...


 ... so people know they can keep the rock.  That may be obvious to some, but I'm the kind of person who would be afraid I was stealing someone else's rock.  We also direct people to our Facebook Page  so lucky rock finders can tell us where they got them.

It's part art stuff, part self-promotion.

I think it will be pretty fun.  We've written a press release and are hoping to get some media coverage.  But even if we don't, I think it's nice to think about the person who finds a little treasure that day.  Wouldn't that be a great surprise?!  I think so!

If nothing else, we'll make some people smile.

If you are a West Hartford Artist (or someone who lives in a neighboring town) and you want to get in on the fun, why not visit the WeHa Artists Emporium Facebook Page for more details.  The more, the merrier!

Thanks so much for stopping in!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!






3 comments:

mh said...

I wish I lived closer so I could discover some of the rocks!

feltsocute said...

These are fabulous! I hope there are a few left by the time we move back in November!

Julie_c said...

Thanks mh, I wish you lived closer too.

Alisha - it doesn't even start until December, you'll you'll definitely be able to go rock hunting. There will be clues on the WeHa Artists Emporium Facebook Page and on Twitter at #FindersKeepers. Safe travels!