Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ski Trip to Vermont


This weekend we went up to Vermont.  We were supposed to go two weeks ago but that was when one of the many "Arctic Blasts" hit and there's no way I'm driving three hours North to freeze my bippy off on a mountain.  Nuh-uh.  So we waited.  This weekend, it was still cold, but it was downright balmy compared to what we're used to.

Before we went to our lovely hosts' house, we went into the Town of Woodstock, where we were treated to snow sculptures!  Yay!

My favorite was the octopus. (Below.)


Woodstock is a lovely little town with zero CVS's or Starbucks.  Very cute shops.  My favorite is called Unicorn.  It's a super funky gift shop, and I always buy earrings there.  This time, I also got myself a pair of socks.


Skiing at Suicide Six was great.  Mike and I thought it might be a good idea to get Magoo another lesson, since it's been so long since he's skied, but he didn't want one.  He and I did about three runs on the bunny hill, then we hit the Easy Mile. (Easy Mile is my favorite.  I like easy skiing.  No adrenaline rushes for me.)


Between you and me, I like to get a lesson for Magoo because it gives me one hour of enjoying myself on the mountain.  It's difficult for me to just relax and ski if I'm constantly focused on Magoo. But, I will say he did much better this year.  Much more control.  I still had to focus on him, but it wasn't the constant battle of him falling and not listening to me as I tried to explain to him how to get up.  In the past, it has been a very frustrating experience for both of us.

I did very much enjoy my time on the ski lift.  It's pretty.  It's relaxing.  And I entertained Magoo with the story of how I broke my leg skiing when I was in fourth grade.

All in all, it was lovely to be outside and enjoy winter.

Then, of course, we had to come home and the very next morning I had to shovel another 4 - 5 inches of snow off the sidewalk and driveway.  Calgon, take me away!

I hope you all are warm and making the best of it wherever you are!
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Best,

No comments: