Thursday, June 11, 2015

New Curbs - WooHoo!

Our road is in bad shape. 

You say:  How bad is it?

It's so bad that the location scouts for the new Road Warrior movie passed on it because it was too decayed to represent the ruined roads of the post apocalyptic future.

So all the neighbors and myself were THRILLED when the town started dropping off curbs on the street.  Yay - it's coming!  It's coming!  Curbs lead to paving.  And, a bonus for me, new driveway aprons!

So the show has been going full force in the front yard.  If Magoo was a toddler, he would have been fascinated.

Here they are digging up the front of our driveway.  (They had already dug up the side of the road for the curb.)


The guy in the digger was so elegant and controlled with that thing as he lifted the sidewalk, broke it into chunks, lifted the chunks, and stacked them off to the side.  So impressive.


Putting in the curb!  Yeeeee!


This morning they laid in the cement and smoothed it out.


I think the goal is to have our driveway ready for cars to be pulled in by the weekend, but I'm not counting on it.  It's cool.  Whatever.  I couldn't be more thrilled that this work is finally being done!

And it means I don't have to mow the lawn today - or tomorrow.  I would just get in their way.  :)

Thanks for stopping in!  Have a great day!


No comments: