Monday, October 19, 2015

Julie in the Studio

Photo credit: Phyllis Meredith Photography

I have a friend, Phyllis Meredith, who is a wonderful photographer.  She was interested in taking a series of photographs of artists in their studios.  I was one of her lucky models.  This one (above) is my favorite.  In a situation where there is so much color (like the painting and the palette) I wouldn't normally be drawn to a black and white image.  But I love how Phyllis captured the light and the tone, and my focus.  When I'm really into my work, I'm in a quiet place.  I think she captured that beautifully here.

Also, it reminded me of an old photograph I have of my grandfather, Frank Phillipps, working in his studio.  (He had an advertising agency, so that's where he is in the photograph, doing ad art.)


Here are the rest of the photos from the Phyllis Meredith shoot - well, not the rest of the photos.  She took quite a lot.  I whittled them down to my favorites.

Photo credit: Phyllis Meredith Photography

Photo credit: Phyllis Meredith Photography

Photo credit: Phyllis Meredith Photography

Photo credit: Phyllis Meredith Photography

If you're in the Connecticut area and you want a photographer for family photos, senior pictures, or whatever, check out Phyllis Meredith Photography.  She's lovely and she does fantastic work.

In other news :

I have a few events coming up.  I'll be doing a monster hunt for the town's Halloween Stroll.  I've made 30 monsters to hide and about 15 to sell.  I'm told there's an average of 2000 people who come to this things, so let's see how that goes.

Open Studio Hartford is November 14 & 15th.  I'm getting all my ducks in a row for that.  Mostly I have to mat a bunch of stuff.  Cutting mats is not a perk of the job - but it must be done!

Finders Keepers.  The WeHa Artists Emporium is doing Finders Keepers again December 1 - 12th.  (31 days was crazy long last year.  We're making it more manageable.)  And on December 13th we're doing a Holiday Pop-Up Show in town, which is basically a smaller art/craft show in someone house.  It'll be fun!

That, in addition to picture book work, is keeping me pretty busy these days.  It's a good thing I've already started my Holiday shopping.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping in!
Julie


3 comments:

vimax asli said...

Thank you for the information, articles you nice and really helped me...!!!

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie thanks a lot for your posts.
Beautiful B and W picture of you working in your studio.
And it is good to know that you inherited much of your talent from your grandfather.
Thanks again for sharing, you inspire me.

Tung Nguyen said...

Thanks for your post




biet thu dep
thiet ke nha dep
giuong ngu gia re