Monday, November 2, 2015

Birthday Cake


Last week, it was my birthday.

On Saturday night I had some friends over for a karaoke birthday party.  It was super fun.  My husband knows me well enough to bring the cake in, lit, so everyone can sing to me.  Because I love my birthday and I love that kind of stuff.  (Pictured above.)

I made two cakes for the event because there were so many people with dietary issues of one kind or another.   One was dairy-free and gluten-free, but it had nuts and soy.  The other had gluten and sugar, but no nuts or soy.  They were both chocolate, though.  Of course.

We ate, drank, and were merry.

Monday was my actual birthday.  Mike took me out for dinner.  Magoo stayed home.  There was one slice of birthday cake remaining.  This happened.


Nice.

In other news...

Open Studio Hartford is just two weeks away.  It's November 14 & 15th from 11am - 5pm each day.  I'm in the Artspace building, just like every year.  First floor.

I'm busy making sure everything is matted and bagged or framed and wired to hang.  I have to make price signs and elevator signs and finish some stuffed animal characters and make a few more tiny towns.  Busy, busy.

But it's fun.  If you're in the Hartford area, come check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping in!
Have a great week!





No comments: