Monday, November 16, 2015

Open Studio Hartford 2015

Standing by my wall of koi watercolors after set-up.
 Open Studio Hartford was this past weekend and it went really well.  I had a new space on the first floor and it was hopping!

The Color Series (below) was a big seller.


I also sold a ton of the face rocks.  (I need to make more for the Holiday Pop-Up Show I'm doing in December.)


I didn't sell nearly as many Game of Thrones prints as I thought I would, but that's OK.  I like to do fun pop culture things from time to time.  You never know what people will actually buy, but they usually get people talking and smiling.


It's always lovely to see friends and other artists as events like this.  It's 1/2 part art and 1/2 part party!
Angela Shenk (Left) is my artist buddy.  We always get spaces right next to each other so we can chat, laugh, and act crazy in the lulls.  My good friend, Jackie (center) came by to visit.


My other artist friend, Kimberly Heil, was all the way up on the 4th floor.  (She'll be at the Pop-Up Show too.)  I'm so glad she swung by to visit.


Open Studio Hartford is the one big show that I do every year.  BIG THANKS to everyone who organizes it, to the artists that make it so great, and to all the patrons who come by and support local artists!

Wishing you all a great week!

Julie

No comments: