Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Pop-Up Show

Here I am in the Julieworld part of Hannah's house.

Yesterday the WeHa Artists Emporium did a Holiday Pop-Up Show at a member's house.  We arrived at 9:30 for set-up.  2 artists per room.  The doors opened from 11 - 2.  Then we packed it up and I was home by 2:45.

It was great!  No one brought huge items, because we were in a house, not a gallery.  And a Holiday Pop-Up Show is not were you find art collectors.  People are buying gifts.  And they did.

We had a lovely flow of people for the full 3 hours.  I was very busy talking with people, writing receipts, and packaging rocks.

Artists at the Pop-up: Me, David Davis Wilson, Kimberly Heil, Stefanie Marco, Hannah Dunnack Jackson, and Phyllis Meredith.
I'm so happy to be a part of this group of lovely artists.  And I'm equally as happy to be in a group that has been able to incorporate ourselves into our community.  It's lovely to do a small show and meet the people who go on the rock hunts or have seen me at the Monster Hunt or their kids know me from a school visit.  West Hartford is a lovely place to live and I'm very fortunate to call it home.

Big thanks to all my friends in the group, to Stefanie Marco who had the brilliant idea to form the group and was kind enough to include me, and to Hannah Dunnack Jackson for allowing us to transform her beautiful home.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I wish you all a very Happy Holiday Season!


No comments: