Monday, January 4, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi everyone.  Thanks for stopping in.  If you've followed this blog for awhile, you may have noticed that I don't post as frequently as I once did.  I suppose that's due in art to my son being 13 now and we don't do as many arts and crafts as we once did.  Also, I'm always very busy trying to get another book published.

I've been working my bum off, but the hard truth is that I can work on a project for a long time and - if no one wants it - then nothing comes of it.  That's been the case in the last two years.  I am, however, thankful that I am not blocked creatively.  I continue to have lots of ideas.  I'm constantly inspired.  I'm still challenged and thrilled by the work.  I just have't sold anything.

Hopefully that will change in 2016.

So anyways, that's why there hasn't been much blogging.  That said, I will try to post on Mondays. That's my goal.  Anything else is gravy.

So here's what I've been up to:

As I said above, Magoo turned 13!  I am the mother of a teenager who is almost as tall as I am.  Soon I will be the shrimp of the house.


He continues to be kind, funny, generous, and a true blessing to my life.


I am a swim mom.  Magoo is on the swim team this year.  Yay!

The upside is that he enjoys it and he's good at it.

The downside is that swim meets are long.  Whenever I can, I try to be a timer for half of the meet.  It helps pass the time.  Also, because Magoo is in the higher age group, he is ALWAYS in the final event - so no sneaking out early for us. Oh well.


I have started a new series of collages for a show at the children's library in town.  It's a Wizard of Oz series.  I have one piece completed: Dorothy and the Wicked Witch.  I only need 7 pieces and it's already tricky to narrow all the ideas down.  We'll see what compositions emerge. (I apologize - it's not a fantastic photograph.  It was too big for my scanner.)

Dorothy and the Wicked Witch    2015      j.c.phillipps
And finally, I am in the final stages of revision for a new picture book project that I am pretty hopeful about.  I could be revising for a few months yet before my agent feels it's ready to show - still, it's getting there.  Fingers crossed.

I wish you all a very Happy 2016!
Thanks again for visiting!



1 comment:

Susan Gurry said...

Wow! When did Magoo get so old? It's great that you are still creative and active....I can go months without a creative thought (except in my work with kids on the spectrum).

You inspire me! I just (finally) posted on "Sewingmylifetogether" on Wordpress.com. It's been too long!