Monday, January 11, 2016

Wizard of Oz Collection

Dorothy on the Yellow Brick Road    2016    j. c. phillipps

Oh my - the rain we got yesterday.  If it had been cold, it would have been quite a snow storm. (And it would have been pretty.)  But it was dark and dreary and it was all I got muster just to get some work done - so I decided to work on something fun.  My Wizard of Oz series.

I actually did the Scarecrow first.  I'm always delighted when I have the perfect paper for something and I did indeed have the perfect paper for Scarecrow's burlap face.  It's an old wallpaper sample that's basically a woven mat.  Perfecto!

Scarecrow Points the Way       2016      j. c. phillipps

Dreary Sunday was the day of the Yellow Brick Road.

In concept, a collage yellow brick road is pretty easy.  Draw a road, cut a variety of yellow bricks, glue them on.  Tada!  But - the cutting and pasting of each brick.  And the angled.  OY!  Not so easy - not so fun.  But at the end of the day, I think it looks good.

Three collages down - four to go!

Thanks for stopping in.  I hope you all had a much brighter weekend than I did.
Best

No comments: