Monday, March 28, 2016

Spring Pop-Up Show


On May 1st, I'll be participating in the WeHa Artists Emporium Spring Pop-Up Show.  It's just a small 3-hour arts & crafts show with 6 artists showcasing goods in one of the member's house.  The one we did in December went very well, so we're going to try a Spring one.

I'm going to lower my sales expectations because people are more likely to shop before Christmas.  But, we figure, let's give Spring a go!  There are teacher gifts to buy and maybe people want to perk up their walls with something new and bright.  And, because it's in a house in a neighborhood, people just stroll on by.  It's very fun and casual.


So, in addition to working on getting my current book project ready to show editors  (the revision process is truly a marathon, my friends), I've been making smaller pieces of art to sell.

Our art hunt, Hidden Houses, will be the day before.  (April 30th if you're local.)  So I've made a few additional clay houses to sell.  And I'm working on some smaller paintings too.  I started with the cats (top picture.) and I liked how that turned out, so I did a version with houses.  Now I think I'll do one with birds.  I'm trying to come up with things that have a similar shape but vary in coloring.  Dogs?  No.  Maybe fish?

I've ordered some cards, prints, and books and I may make a few stuffed animals because they are cute and I have a TON of fabric in my basement.  :)  It's going to be a busy month!

In other news:
I hope you all had a HAPPY EASTER.  Magoo is 13 and is wise to the ways of the Easter Bunny so there was no basket this year.  I would have happily made him one and put the clues around the house, but he declined.  And that's fine with me.  Saves me a lot of work.  It's tough to make an Easter basket for a 13 yr old who can't eat sugar.

Thank you so much for stopping in!
Have a great day!


No comments: