Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Art Camp: Almost Done


It's the final week of art camp.  It's been a great summer so far with so many fun and talented kids to make art with.  I thought I'd share some of the projects.

Last week was Picture Book Party, so all the projects linked up with picture books.  (Above) I read the campers Fish Is Fish by Leo Lionni and we painted watercolor flying fish.

I read The Dot by Peter Reynolds and the kids painted their own watercolor rainbow dots.  In an ideal world, we would have painted lots of dots, but I can only afford so much watercolor paper.  Still, this was a good project for teaching them how to use watercolors properly and how to blend them a bit.


In the mornings, I have mini lessons up.  One day it was faces.  Look what a great job one camper did making all the faces!  I love this so much!


We read The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers and made our own book eating kids with pastels.


On Friday we finished with The Grouchy Ladybug and made bug collages.  I had the kids prepare their own papers for the wings and bodies, just like Eric Carle.  They did a fantastic job.


Now we are in Week 4: Native American Wonders.  We started the week by making Native American story maps.


In other news:  It's been hot!  Like way too hot!  Like, when the forecast says it's going to be 90, I think "That's not so bad," because it's been above 90!  I do not like this at all.  But, for the next two days we are looking at 84-85, so I'm going to make the most of it.

Then it goes back to massive heat and I have to be cranky and grouchy and hole up and watch Netflix with the fan blasting on me wishing August would evaporate and it would be September already!

I hope you're able to keep your cool.  :)
Thanks for stopping in.



No comments: