Monday, July 11, 2016

Blueberries

We have a blueberry bush.  It was here when we moved in and it's fabulous.  I love going out early in the morning with my bowl of cereal and plucking ripe blueberries to pop on top.

However, this year it's a wee bit more challenging because I have competition.

The squirrels and birds are wise to my blueberry bush and they invade it constantly.  In fact, they just hang out on wires and branches waiting for me to leave before they swoop in.


Here it is.  I have to do regular harvests to obtain any blueberries at all for myself.  I don't know why the critters are raiding it more this year than others.  Maybe it's because Java's getting older and hangs out inside more.  Or maybe they've seen how slow she pounces and no longer fear her.

I dunno.

I just know that those little buggers are stealing my blueberries.

That said, I did get a good harvest the other day, enough to make blueberry scones.  Yay!


In other news:
Magoo and I are gearing up for Week 3 of Art Camp.  Picture Book Party.  This is my favorite week! I love the crafts.

And, we have another heat wave coming at the end of the week.  I do not love 90 degree days.  But the AC is in upstairs and the Mighty Oak out back helps to keep the house at about 80-82 degrees if I lock it down early in the morning, so we'll survive.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: