Monday, August 8, 2016

Wind and Water

There is a group showing coming up with a theme of Wind and Water.  I have a lot of water art already (all my fish paintings count) but wind is a trickier subject.  Earlier this summer I painted this piece:

Greys in the Waves           2016             j. c. phillipps
I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  It's a rather large watercolor and I really fell in love with painting horses.  Plus, it showcases both wind and water.  Boom, boom.

But I wanted at least one more piece that had both features in it.  I saw an illustration on Pinterest of a swimmer diving into a body of water and it inspired the location and style.  But instead of a swimmer going into the water, I thought I'd make a mermaid coming out of the water, her hair blowing in the wind.


Wind and Water Mermaid     2016    j.c.phillipps

I planned to do another mermaid, but then it occurred to me that it might be even cuter to give the mermaid a love interest.  So I changed the second mermaid into a sailor.  (Plus, I really love drawing little tattoos on sailor's arms.)  Ideally, if someone buys the mermaid, they will also buy the sailor.  


Wind and Water Sailor        2016       j.c.phillipps

 Ideally, if someone buys the mermaid, they will also buy the sailor.  But they are their own separate pieces and can be sold as such.

Wind and Water Sailor & Mermaid          2016        j.c.phillipps

Okay, now I think I have enough Wind and Water pieces for the show.  This is a WeHa Artists Emporium group show hosted by a lovely restaurant in Hartford BIN228.  I'll let you know when it's up and running.

Hope you're all having a good week.
Thanks for stopping in!





1 comment:

Blog FastCare said...

Nice picture! I like it
-------------------
I'm working in the thay man hinh xiaomi. It's amazing