Monday, October 10, 2016

Night Fall 2016

Night Fall is a newer Hartford tradition.  I think it started about four years ago by a wonderful artist, Anne Cubberly.  If you want to know more about it and her, read this. http://www.courant.com/hartford-magazine/people/hc-hm-anne-cubberly-profile-20160924-story.html  Anyhoo, it's a wonderful visual performance with costumed players, music, and giant puppets.  So ... right up my alley.

Here's Magoo doing a little reading before showtime.  Night Fall takes place in rotating parks each year.  This year, it was close to home.  People bring their own chairs or blankets.  I knew if we wanted a decent seat that we needed to be there an hour early, thus, book.


There are characters that work the crowd before the show.  Here's a bird meeting some young audience members.


When night falls (there's your title right there, folks) the show begins.  This year the theme was Differences, and that was evident in the performances.  In the shot below, a group of woodland creatures and insects are having their picture taken, on the photographer wants to separate the mammals from the bugs.  All the critters keep having to fight and trick to stay together.


Here the Rain Goddess (I don't know if that's what she's actually called, but that's what I got from her) is dancing with her rain drops.


And my favorite, the giant monkeys!  I'm not 100% sure what was happening in their sketch, but they're loads of fun.


I have to confess, we didn't stay for the whole thing.  It started to rain and we didn't have the car, so Magoo and I took off a bit early.  Still, it was a wonderful thing to see and I'm so thrilled to live in a place where fantastic community events are created and shared.

Thanks so much for stopping in!
Hope you all have a great week!


No comments: