Wednesday, November 2, 2016

It was my birthday!


I like birthdays.  I like to have a cake, make a wish, open gifts, and celebrate with friends, so I throw myself a party every year.  This year was no exception.

(Above)  I made a very delicious chocolate avocado cake.  Oh - it came out so moist and rich! This is the recipe I use.  Try it.

(Below)  Taylor Swift has her crew and I have mine.  Heather, Adrian, Angela, me, and Jackie all pose for a pic between talking politics and eating chocolate and Trader Joe's Shrimp Toast.   Isn't Shrimp Toast a bland, crude name?  Shrimp Toast.  But it was really good!  If you need a nice little appetizer for your party, try Trader Joe's Shrimp Toast!


I love a small, fun party where I can talk to everyone and it's chill and we all have a good time.  And that's exactly what I got.  And this mug!  Go Hillary!


And the necklace I'm wearing is from my son.  He picked it out himself.  Good job, Magoo!

So that was my birthday.  The husband and the son mingled in and out of the room, but mainly it was me and my gal pals.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'd give you all a piece of chocolate avocado cake if I could.  :)

No comments: