Monday, February 20, 2017

The Birds and the Bees Series

I have a show coming up in March and the theme is fás - which is a Gaelic word for green, or grow.  So everything in the show is either supposed to be green in color or have a nature/plant aspect to it.
I created this series of small painting for this show.

Birds and Bees: Bee        2017    j.c. phillipps

Birds and Bees: Blue Bird           2017            j. c. phillipps

Birds and Bees: Flying Bee       2017    j. c. phillipps

Birds and Bees: Red Bird              2017              j. c. phillipps

They are smaller pieces.  I've found that when we do shows at restaurants, pieces under $100 will sell.  The closer to $50 you get, the more likely you are to have a sale.   So I do my big paintings for myself and for galleries and other shows, but smaller shows like this get a different type of piece.

I'm very pleased with how they turned out.  They're very open.  Very Spring.  I hope someone sitting down and enjoying a sandwich will look up and say, "Yes.  I will buy some art today."

I'll let you know.

In other news: Magoo and I got all gussied up to see The Book of Mormon on Friday night.  Loved it!
I'm so glad my son enjoys the theater as much as I do.


Thanks for stopping in.  Have a great week!

Julie

No comments: