Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March Storm

Uuuuuuh yup.  We got hammered.  They said we were going to get hammered, and they were right.

This was the kind of storm that would have been welcome in January.  It's oh-so-pretty.  And, in general, I don't really mind shoveling that much.  I kinda like being outside in the winter.  It's brisk.  And shoveling is a good arm workout.

But in March ... not loving it as much.
 
Around 18" of snow on March 14th, 2017

This was the kind of storm where I had to shovel out the end of my driveway three times.
The first time was yesterday around 2 pm, after a majority of snow.  The plow had come by once, but it would definitely be back.  Magoo, Mike, and I all shoveled.

The second time was yesterday closer to 6:00.  We'd eaten dinner (fortunately the power stayed on and the chili was hot.) The plow had indeed come back, so this snow was heavy and packed.  Magoo and I shoveled.

The third time was this morning around 7:30am.  There wasn't a large amount of snow blocking the driveway, but it had frozen solid overnight.  I had to get the metal shovel out to break it up and then toss icy boulders out of the way.  UNPLEASANT!  I did it solo.

But the power stayed on.  We were able to stay in.  And now the sun is out.

I covered my daffodils.  So, hopefully, when this passes, I will still be able to enjoy some pops of yellow and then get on with Spring.

In other news:
Mad Science in the basement
Magoo and Mike went to a robotics workshop and came home with a crate full of goodies for tinkering with.   It's time for mad science!  Perhaps someday, he will invent a robot that will shovel the end of the driveway for me.  :)

Thanks for stopping in.
I hope you are safe and warm wherever you are! 

No comments: