Monday, April 3, 2017

The Art Market is Coming

Greetings!  Spring has sprung and in only one month, the WeHa Artists Emporium will have our Spring Art Market.  (We had a discussion about what to call our art shows.  Some people thought "art show" sounded too much like a gallery show where you look but don't buy.  And some thought "arts & crafts sale" sounded too crochet-toilet-paper-cover.  We settled on Art Market.)

Anyway, it will be April 29 & 30th and I am busy, busy, busy making a whole lotta stuff.
Today I'll share some little paintings.

Bee in Yellow Leaves              2017               j.c.phillipps

I started painting bees about 6 weeks ago and have already sold three paintings, so I thought I'd keep with the bees and nature theme.

But I also wanted to play with limited color palettes and I love blue butterflies.

Blue Butterfly                     2017                 j. c. phillipps

I like to make small paintings for this type of show.  For one thing, I don't really have wall space.  I have a big window - which is great - but even if it was wall, it's concrete.  No nails.  Small paintings can go on table easels and they look nice among the other items.

Monarch in Blue Leaves   2017      j. c. phillipps

Small paintings are also less expensive.  Everyone loves to oooh and ahhh at the big paintings, but people rarely buy them.  They just don't have the money.  So small paintings are a great way for people to buy original art at a price they can afford.

I'm very pleased with this series.  The leaves are quite calming to paint.  It's like art meditation.  

Thanks so much for stopping in.  
I hope the flowers are blooming where you are!

No comments: