Tuesday, June 6, 2017

New Drawing Series

In the fall, I'm participating in a group Black & White show.  As the title suggests, every thing must be in black and white.  So, after giving it some thought, I decided I'd like to do pen & ink drawings of pop culture images in an Edward Gorey-ish style.  I'm calling this collection: Gorey Pop.

Eleven from Stranger Things    2017     j. c. phillipps

Harry Potter and the Sorting Hat       2017       j. c. phillipps

Suzy and Sam from Moonrise Kingdom      2017      j. c. phillipps

Mia and Vince from Pulp Fiction        2017       j. c. phillipps

Max from Rushmore             2017               j. c. phillipps

I'm really enjoying working on this series.  I plan to do way more than I need, and then hand pick the best ones for the show.  I've had a lot of great suggestions from other people, but I'm mostly drawn to movies from the 80's & 90's, Wes Anderson, and Quentin Tarantino films.  I'm trying to branch out though, so if you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments.

Thanks for stoping in.
Have a great week, everyone!



No comments: